Call for a final review: freebsd-update Server article

Manolis Kiagias sonic2000gr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:17:19 UTC 2011

Hey all,

This is a call for a final review of the freebsd-update server article
("Build Your Own FreeBSD Update Server") that has been in our PR queue
for way too long (unfortunately). It was submitted by Jason Helfman on
2009 and there were more than a few reviews, patches and changes back
then by numerous people. It was never committed though, as we were
plagued by licensing / legal issues which are now resolved.
In the meantime the article was also published in BSD Magazine and Jason
has further refined the text and the procedure so it should be even more
clear now.
I believe this is going to be a valuable article for our documentation
set, esp considering that people who manage FreeBSD servers tend to have
quite a few of them :)

Here is the final html build of the article:

http://www.freebsdgr.org/all/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-update-server/index.html

and you can grab the sgml file from my mercurial repository here:

http://mercurial.freebsdgr.org/mercurial/freebsd-doc-el/file/tip/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-update-server

Please concentrate your comments on the content rather than whitespace
or formatting of the SGML source.  I will prepare the source to Doc
Project standards before committing.

Thanks in advance,
manolis@