docs/154589: ath_hal(4) manpage lists incorrect Netgear adapter as supported

Jason Mann jason.mann at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 17:50:10 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR docs/154589; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jason Mann <jason.mann at gmail.com>
To: Josh Paetzel <jpaetzel at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/154589: ath_hal(4) manpage lists incorrect Netgear adapter
 as supported
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 17:27:54 +0000

 Hi Josh,

 I can say with certainty that the WG311v3 isn't supported by ath_hal
 as it was discovering this fact last week that prompted me to
 substitute it for a WG311T and submit this PR.

 The WG311v3 adapter actually requires if_malo.ko and is listed in that
 driver's man page.

 Here's my relevant dmesg lines for the WG311T:

 ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0xec000000-0xec00ffff irq 17 at device 10.0 on pci=
 0
 ath0: [ITHREAD]
 ath0: AR2413 mac 7.9 RF2413 phy 4.5

 Regards,