Handbook carp(4) section #31.13

Pavel Timofeev timp87 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 07:27:21 UTC 2011

Hello!
Please, add some lines or links to the end of carp section
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/carp.html.
Something like "If you want to run some daemons or scripts when active node
is switching you need to use devd. For example, see HAST section - 18.18.4.1
Failover Configuration".
Or something like that.
It would be very logically.

For example, I wanted to use carp for failover cluster. And in my case I
didn't need HAST.
Just two nodes with mysql master-master replication, and some daemons that
must be running only on active node.
I went to carp handbook section and I have not found how can I run daemons
with carp.
After that I looked to ucarp and heatbeat from ports, etc. In the end people
from freebsd-questions@ showed me HAST section.