cvs commit: doc/fr_FR.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/multimedia chapter.sgml doc/fr_FR.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors chapter.sgml

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Sun Sep 12 14:45:47 UTC 2010

On Sep 12, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Gabor PALI wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Remko Lodder <remko at elvandar.org> wrote:
> Having translations in the first place makes people trigger, when I started the doc-nl project, there were translations in progress all the time and people got onboard because someone showed
> an example.
>
> All right, I accept.  Then let me add another question: why the outdated translations are user-visible (i.e. compiled to HTML, PS, PDF, RTF) and possibly published on each release?

Same answer. You honestly cannot judge about other translation teams on their reasoning why things are and arent. The world aint perfect and we should accept that. We can
motivate people to some degree, and then well something is better then nothing.

But I feel you are pushing 'things'. So I suggest that you write something that keeps our documentation automatically in sync, translated. If that isn't possible for some reason
then please let the various groups decide what they can and cannot do.

--
/"\   Best regards,                        | remko at FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                      | remko at EFnet