docs/144515: Expand handbook Table of contents

Aiza aiza21 at comclark.com
Sun Mar 7 01:00:04 UTC 2010

>Number:         144515
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Expand handbook Table of contents
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The handbook TOC 'Table of Contents' is incomplete. It is missing sub-section topic listings.

It very hard to find the subject one is looking for in the handbook. The TOC only gets me to the general area in the handbook and then I have to (next page) through it looking for what I hope is there.

The TOC really needs to be expanded to display each and every sub-section topic of all the major sections now in the TOC.

For example Installing from a "ms/dos partition" or "splash screen usage".

These are both subjects in the handbook but are not in the TOC.
What good is am TOC that does not index its content?

The purpose of the TOC is to list all subjects documented in the handbook so the reader can skim through the TOC and click on the exact subject they want to read. Can not do that with the current handbook TOC.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Rebuild the TOC by adding links to every sub-section topic in the handbook.