missing blank pages in pdf and ps version of handbook

Douglas A. Tutty dtutty at vianet.ca
Tue Jun 22 15:55:03 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm having to transition my main computer from Linux to FreeBSD (Linux
dropping support for my hardware RAID card).  Since I haven't run a BSD
before, I thought I'd install FreeBSD to my laptop.  I wanted a hard
copy of the handbook to read like a book (easier flipping, bookmarks,
etc).

To that end, I got the pdf file and sent it to my local printer shop.
Unfortunatly, the pdf (and the ps, I checked), does not  add a blank
page so that chapters start on the right hand side (i.e. on an odd page
number).  This especially happens at section boundaries.

What should happen is that, whatever page the previous chapter ends on,
the section header page should start on an odd page and so should the
following chapter.

Neither I nor the printer noticed this, so no my book is bound with the
page numbers at the binding and chapters running right into the section
boundaries.

I don't know docbook (I do everything in Latex), so I can't provide a
patch, but I can't imagine it would be too hard to set this up.

Thanks,

Doug.