please clean up the following documentation

ejohnstone at comcast.net ejohnstone at comcast.net
Wed Jun 9 21:39:27 UTC 2010

I have been using FreeBSD for about 5 years, and of course it's wonderful.
And of course the documentation is the best.
And I've contributed to a few forums.freebsd.org postings, as johnedstone.

This is the first time that I've run across this kind of thing.
At this link,
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/nanobsd/howto.html

which I was reading because of the recent article in bsdmag.org, I ran across this variable

echo "bar=topless"

There is no point in this.

I am a 57 year old male.
I have daughters.
I would recommend FreeBSD to any of them, if and when they have the interest.

But, this is pointless, this kind of variable - it appeals to the lowest denominator.  I could go on and on, but you don't need me to.  Either you will understand, or you will write me off as old-fashion.  But, I hope you understand.

Let's continue to take the high road in FreeBSD, and clean this sort of thing up, whenever we find it.

Thank you for 'listening'.  Please let me know if you do change this.

Ed Johnstone.