Comment on section 24.7.5

Harald Servat redcrash at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 22:07:03 UTC 2010

Hello,

  today I did my first and successful "update from source" of my FreeBSD
box. However, I'd like to comment you that I found a tricky part when
issuing make installworld because I had my /tmp partition mounted with the
option "noexec". That made make command prevent installing the new system.
When I turned that option off from /etc/fstab and remounted the /tmp
partition, then installworld worked as a charm.

  Could be a nice addition to section 24.7.5 a note with a text like "make
sure that your /tmp partition allows executing programs or /etc/fstab does
not disallow executing programs" ?

Thank you for your work & merry xmas!