FreeBSD PXE installation howto

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre egoitz at ramattack.net
Mon Apr 12 05:03:30 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Erik when you specify there -DLOADER_TFTP_SUPPORT=YES this is a directive for the preprocessor in the time it is looking wich source code to compile... but it should be entered in cc line... not in make... just do one check.... save the output of that make to a file and you will see that nfs support is going to be used... check too the makefiles... you will see that makefiles to enter the -DLOADER_TFTP_SUPPORT they are checking if make variable LOADER_TFTP_SUPPORT is initialized to something... you could perhaps do...

export CPPFLAGS="-DLOADER_TFTP_SUPPORT=YES"
make

but not the way you said... and I won't do things this way too... just use makefile for this kind of flags... as I say basically...

make LOADER_TFTP_SUPPORT=YES

try this and the way you set and you will see different output of make.

The suggested parts to correct corrected...

tftpd run from inetd is the same as base system really... so this is done....

Fbsd1 I'll try to improve this aspects of the doc... yep perhaps I have explained a little for me :)...

Well if any developer could check too this howto, will be just fine :)

Thankss a lot :) to all.

bye!!!