FYI: handbook style trac wiki plugin

Jason jhelfman at e-e.com
Mon Nov 2 18:45:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 04:17:38PM +0100, Rick van der Zwet thus spake:
>I really like the great style of the FreeBSD handbook/article pages,
>but having quite some difficulties with the format.

I didn't have any such issues, and hope you success in future with FreeBSD format.

>Docbook is not so friendly to setup on an non FreeBSD machine for example :-)

In following the "Quick Setup," I really had no issues.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/overview.html

>So I hacked around a bit with the trac wiki
>(http://trac.edgewall.org/) and created a plugin which mimics the
>behavior of the handbook (for a very small bit):
>
>    https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/FreeDocPlugin#example1
>
>Of course not all features are included. If you like the idea and like
>something included as well, let me know.

Interesting idea, however this really sidesteps everything about standards,
so I am not certain how much this idea will be embraced.