docs/133186: powerd(8) man page errors
wblock at wonkity.com
Sun Mar 29 17:50:02 UTC 2009
>Synopsis: powerd(8) man page errors
>Arrival-Date: Sun Mar 29 17:50:01 UTC 2009
>Originator: Warren Block
FreeBSD lightning 7.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.2-PRERELEASE #0: Thu Mar 26 20:56:40 MDT 2009 root at lightning:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LIGHTNING i386
powerd man page needs to be updated and clarified:
1. "It offers three modes (maximum, minimum, and adaptive) that can be individually selected while on AC power or batter-ies. The modes maximum, minimum, adaptive and hiadaptive may be abbrevi-ated max, min, adp, hadp."
That's actually four modes. hiadaptive should be mentioned in the first sentence, too.
2. "Hiadaptive mode is alike adaptive mode,"
Change "alike" to "like".
3. "It rises frequency faster, drops slower and keeps twice lower CPU load."
"rises" should be "increases".
"keeps twice lower CPU load" is extremely unclear. Is this load being put on the CPU by powerd? Or is it CPU load being monitored by powerd? Lower than what? What does "twice lower" mean?
man 8 powerd
1. Fix mode count and list in second sentence: "It offers three modes (maximum, minimum, and adaptive)" should be "It offers four modes (maximum, minimum, adaptive, and hiadaptive)"
2. Change "alike" to "like".
3. Rewrite the sentence that explains what hiadaptive does so that it is clear and unambiguous.
More information about the freebsd-doc