where to define an alternative install location

Chen Xu xuchen66 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 00:46:46 UTC 2009

Hi Gabor, and all,

thanks for the reply.  That works nicely.

Certainly, one can even add an entry

                 DOCDIR=target

in /etc/make.conf for convenience.

When I tried to look inside the doc source dir/share/mk/doc.install.mk
whose name suggests that I can define variable there, variable defined
in that seemed not working at all there.  Eventually, I found out that I
had to modify the global file at /usr/share/mk/bsd.own.mk . I felt that this
was very confusing. So yes, if this is mentioned in handbook, that would
be a lot simpler for people who don't know about it yet.

OK, now comes my 2nd annoying but reasonable question.

(how) Can I build my doc in one machine and install on a remote
box  running httpd server?

Thanks,
Chen