Backup Basics

Edu Carneiro mustaxe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 04:26:43 UTC 2009

Thanks for the comments and I agree that there should be a mention of all
available backup methods such as cloud services; however, as far as giving
sponsorship to selected services then that's a business decision.
But such services only apply to certain people. In my case, I'm not using
RAID and am going to implement a backup to an external storage and according
to the docs, the suggestion is the dump/tar combo. It's still a valid method
but since the reference is from almost 20 years ago, I was checking if there
were any updated suggestions/ports. Or even to know what FreeBSD uses
internally.

Regards,
Edu