docs/134074: [patch] locking.9 man page slight enhancements

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 30 21:41:26 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 28 April 2009 8:15:47 pm Haven Hash wrote:

> >Number:         134074
> >Category:       docs
> >Synopsis:       [patch] locking.9 man page slight enhancements
> >Confidential:   no
> >Severity:       non-critical
> While reading the locking (9) man page. I found a few slight things that
could be improved so I did an svn checkout and made a few adjustments.

> 1. The order of Sleep/wakeup and Giant in the Description list is reversed
from the order in which they are presented in the document. With no logic
other than the Description list seemed to be a better ordering I reversed
their order in the document.

I haven't looked at this part.

> 2. The link to the witness manual page at the bottom is in all capital
letters and signifies chapter 9 of the manual. The witness manual page it
seems is in chapter 4 of the manual and an all caps reference causes links on
the www man page viewer to not find it (witness (4) is appropriately
referenced earlier in the document).

> 3. Some slight grammatical additions were made to the explanations in the
Usage Table.

These parts of the patch are definitely correct.

--
John Baldwin