Handbook chapter 6.2.3 continued...

Marc Fonvieille blackend at freebsd.org
Fri Apr 10 11:52:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 01:11:08PM +0200, Leslie Jensen wrote:
> Unfortunately there's now an error during the install of
>
> /usr/ports/www/linux-flashplugin9:make install clean
> ===>  linux-flashplugin-9.0r159 bsd.linux-apps.mk test failed: The
> component openssl can be used with at least linux_base-f8.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/linux-flashplugin9
>

> I can see it's openssl that's the problem but if it's a dependency then
> maybe  linux_base-f8 should be used.

Hmm it seems it's a problem with last linux infrastructure ports
commits.  /usr/ports/www/linux-flashplugin9 should build with
linux_base-fc4.

[bsam@ Cced]

> This instruction uses a few settings that might have to be added!
> http://crnl.org/blog/2008/11/01/flash-9-for-freebsd-71

No.  It's not a "good" solution, Flash9 runs with default linux_base,
i.e. linux_base-fc4.  Changing a doc cause a port is broken is not a
good workaround, the port should be fixed instead.

--
Marc