docs/133468: ftpd.conf(5) mentions /usr/share/examples/ftpd/ftpd.conf, which does not exist

Kurt Jaeger pi at nepustil.net
Wed Apr 8 19:25:23 UTC 2009

Hi!

> Synopsis: ftpd.conf(5) mentions /usr/share/examples/ftpd/ftpd.conf, which does not exist

> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: remko
> State-Changed-When: Wed Apr 8 18:10:41 UTC 2009
> State-Changed-Why:
> We have two ftpd's onboard, one is lukemftpd and the other one is ftpd
> itself.

The example ftpd.conf is part of lukemftpd (which was recently renamed
to tnftpd):

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/tnftp/tnftpd-20081009.tar.gz

Would it be difficult to just import the example ftpd.conf and
make it available at the proper place ? Or let the man page
point to that URL for the example ftpd.conf ?

I have no idea how complicated that would be, or against which
operational rule it might bump, but it would make the man page
much more useful.

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger                                  11 years to go !
Dr.-Ing. Nepustil & Co. GmbH  fon +49 7123 93006-0  pi at nepustil.net
Rathausstr. 3                 fax +49 7123 93006-99
72658 Bempflingen             mob +49 171 3101372