Enterprise Printer Setup and Management.

henri lucid at lucidsystems.org
Thu May 15 04:33:25 UTC 2008

Dear FreeBSD documentation maintainer,

I maintain an open source CUPS queue management tool called
PrinterSetup. Details are available from the following URL : http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printersetup

I am quite sure that PrinterSetup will work under FreeBSD. Although,
to my knowledge it is has not been tested on FreeBSD.

If anyone is managing many CUPS queues or many printers then
PrinterSetup is a useful utility. The purpose of this email is to
bring this tool to your attention. With the hope that if you also
believe it would be useful for other system administrators that you
may add some information to the BSD online documentation about it's
existence. I believe that this would result in less people have to go
though CUPS queue management hell which I personally experienced was
before creating PrinterSetup.

PrinterSetup is not currently part of any package management system.
You just download it. The download is the source code.

If it turns out that PrinterSetup is useful for people using FreeBSD.
Then I would be happy to arrange to have a link established on the
PrinterSetup web page which links to the FreeBSD home page, hopefully
with the great FreeBSD logo. Why you may ask. The answer is simple,
FreeBSD absolutely rocks and more people should try it out!

Finally, the FreeBSD documentation is a fantastic resource. Thank you
very much for maintaining this great freely accessible information.
Your work is certainly appreciated.

Keep in touch.
Henri Shusak

--