Need an environment for dynamic web content for freebsd.org

Murray Stokely murray at stokely.org
Tue Mar 18 15:12:48 UTC 2008

On 3/18/08, Vadim Goncharov <vadim_nuclight at mail.ru> wrote:
> No. Not PHP. Ever. Forget.
>
>  It should at least cgi or, as aforemetioned, a wiki-like page. There can be
>  already some wiki engines which allow voting.

I've not seen any useful voting mechanism implemented on a wiki.
Pointers?  CGI is exactly the kind of 15 year old stagnant web
technology we are trying to get away from.  We need quick templating,
sessions, high level UI libraries, etc..  All of which things like
PHP, Python/Django, etc.. provide.

      - Murray (who doesn't know/use PHP, but knows that the freebsd
web presence is notably missing something like it)