docs/121321: Handbook should reflect new pf.conf defaults

Marcelo Fernández fernandezm22 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Mar 3 15:50:03 UTC 2008

>Number:         121321
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Handbook should reflect new pf.conf defaults
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The PF page[1] in the FreeBSD Handbook should tell the user about the new location of the example pf.conf in FreeBSD 7.0, being now /usr/share/examples/pf/pf.conf and not /etc/pf.conf anymore.

Moreover, by default, there is no /etc/pf.conf, so if the user enables PF in /etc/defaults/rc.conf, the next reboot PF will complain about /etc/pf.conf not existing and will not load.

I think the Handbook should clarify this for 7.0.

Link:
[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls-pf.html

Thanks,
Marcelo