docs/82290: [patch] update to handbook firewall PF section

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 21 18:52:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:17:25 +0100
peter at bsdly.net (Peter N. M. Hansteen) wrote:

Hi Peter,

> trhodes at FreeBSD.org writes:
>
> > Joe, the link is no longer available, could you submit a new
> > URL or better yet, a diff for review?  Thanks!
>
> I'm not Joe, but I do have a diff for the PF section available at
> <http://www.bsdly.net/~peter/freebsd/fw.diff> (posted to
> doc at freebsd.org a while back, never got any feedback).

I'm looking over your patch.  One of the reasons we never created
a large PF document was due to the fabulous work the OpenBSD team
have done with their FAQ:

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/

So we probably don't need the mini-tutorial except to discuss
the differences in FreeBSD compared to OpenBSD - which I believe
are minimal; however, I like the section on pftools.  Is it
possible to merge that part after a cleanup for FDP conformance?

Thanks!

--
Tom Rhodes