A question about update(I think it should be added to our faq).

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 26 09:37:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 16:18:11 +0200
Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tom Rhodes wrote:
> > On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 12:48:31 +0200
> > Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> The section on freebsd-update in the Handbook already mentions a
> >> procedure to follow (involving rebuilding ruby before reinstalling
> >> portupgrade).  Probably Tom already has some plans on expanding this
> >> section (?)
> >>

> > Tom was working on some more of the file systems chapter, but
> > then decided he needed a break.  Tom is tired.
> >
> > Yes, Tom knows referring to himself in the third person is the
> > first sign of a mental break down.  Tom doesn't care.  :P
> >
> > Happy holidays,
> >

> Happy holidays to you Tom, and get some rest from all this stuff you are
> involved.
> You've been doing really a lot lately, I can hardly keep up with your
> patches!

Haha, yeah, personal stuff for a little bit.  :)

> I guess it's time we (read: me, pgj and whoever else volunteers) step in
> and pick up some of the weight ;)

This would be great.  We have made some great inroads with
the FAQ, handbook, and PRs lately.  We should go full steam
ahead.  :)

--
Tom Rhodes