Advance print settings

El-Shaymaa Nassar elshaymaa_nassar at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 21 07:37:01 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have AMT ACCEL-535 dot matrix printer, it works well on window. However , we use linux os.

I did the following steps:

1- adjust emulation of printer to Epson -LQ

2- download Epson LQ-2550*.ppd and Epson LQ-850*.ppd

3- I copied both files to /usr/share/cups/model

4- I set printer as Generic Dot matrix /lq850 driver

    *** it was the best state i got.

    it print first character and then hazards.

5- I tried older methods of serial xterm which is directly connected to printer:

    *** using escaoe sequences , change mode to controller and print file

    *** using such script:

         #!/bin/sh

         echo -ne "/033 [5i";

          cat filename;

          echo -ne "/033 [4i]

6- however in parallel connection it doesn't work.

from your document:

1) Is my printer polled method printer and need to be adjusted to?

2) if i redirect output of previous script to /dev/lp0 , is it work?

3) if it needs adjustment of escape sequences how they can be involved and where?

4) how can i use escape sequences within input or otput filters in /etc/printcap to be effective on printer?

please give me a soon reply regard that the printer is mentioned perfectly work with linux.

thanks;