Additional Contributers - questions && suggestions

Eitan Adler eitanadlerlist at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 13:12:45 UTC 2008

I have some questions comments about the "additional contributers" page.
I am aware that some (if not all) of these are bikeshed questions and I
urge you to IGNORE them if you feel that they are.  No need to flood the
mailing list. I'm just putting out some thoughts I had  when looking
through the article.

1) Who goes on it? Port maintainers? People who send patches? Only if
they are very active?
2) If its more than one of the above should we indicate what each person
did to make it on the list? (starting now)
3) Should we should have a list at the top with A B C... which links to
the first person in that list that starts with the letter.
5) The last 5 entries are out of order (my guess is that someone used
"sort" as they begin with a lowercase letter.
5.5) The first three names are out of order for the same reason.
6) All the "No Name"s should be at the end in alphabetical order by
email address
7) Section 5 should be the last section.
8) We should have a list like http://www.openbsd.org/donations.html
which lists people that donate.  Section 1 only lists major donors.
9) There should be links to "how to contribute" for code and
documentation.  If I come to this page I have no clue how to contribute.
--
Eitan Adler
GNU Key fingerprint: 2E13 BC16 5F54 0FBD 62ED 42B6 B65F 24AB E9C2 CCD1