[Sort of RFC] Ports and packages for docs

Gabor PALI pgj at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 1 09:48:39 UTC 2008

Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> I'm working since a while on ports for doc [..] and tell me if you
> like it :)

I think generally it is a good idea to reanimate the concept
documentation packages, however last time I asked about them (May 2008,
while fixing the FAQ), I got an interesting answer [1] from Hiroki Sato:

"The doc packages are no longer available because the past discussion
reached a consensus that generating them is a bit tricky and most of
people do not need such packages because the latest documentation is
always available on the web."

Regards,
:g

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-doc/2008-May/014318.html