Article "Contributors to FreeBSD": Should Teams Be Still Included?

Gabor PALI pgj at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 7 22:17:07 UTC 2008

Dear Members,

A few days ago, when walking around the article titled ``Contributors to
FreeBSD'' [1] I found that the actual members of the Core Team have not
been updated yet.  I created a small patch to implement this [2], but I
was told that originally www/en/administration.sgml [3] was to make the
content of the article on the teams (like Core Team) easily accessible
and obsolete it, but at all it was not ever really nuked.

I would like ask what you think should be done with this article:

(a) Apply the patch, optionally check the other teams and fix them also
if needed

(b) Remove all team-related information (actually, chop off sections 2..5)

(c) Replace all team information with links to the web page, optionally
fold sections 2..5 into one section

(d) Rearrange the sources to generate both sections 2..5 of [1] and [3]
from one common place

(e) any other suggestion

Thank you for your replies in advance.  Note that, if there is no answer
within a few days, I choose plan (a) [with compatibility mode on :)].

Cheers,
:g

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/contributors
[2]