Suggested FreeBSD/i386 6.1 Release Hardware Notes Update

j.j.helm at att.net j.j.helm at att.net
Sun Apr 27 15:10:19 UTC 2008

   Hi,

        I'd like to suggest that section 3.6, Wireless Network Devices, be updated to include
   the following PCI card: Airlink (Airlink101) model number AWLH4130, Super G Wireless
   PCI Adapter.  Both the box and the card are clearly marked with the word "Atheros"
   showing that the device uses that chipset.  The applicable driver would be ath(4).

       I used pc-bsd version 1.4 after installing the card and it was easily recognized.  Info on
    the device can be obtained at frys.com (item #5208977) or at airlink101.com.  This card is
    fairly inexpensive - the normal price at Fry's Electronics is $29.99, and it sometimes goes
    on sale for about half that amount.  I hope that this helps.