translation to slovak

Daniel Gerzo danger at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 24 09:23:33 UTC 2008

Hello Toth,

Thursday, April 24, 2008, 9:19:29 AM, you wrote:

> Hello to all in list,

>         i would like to become a transalator for freebsd documentation to
> Slovak language. Can somebody interested give some more information?
> Where and how to start?

It's great that you are interested in translating FreeBSD
documentation into the Slovak language.

I have tried to convince Slovak people to start with the translation
in the past, however nothing has been really done as I didn't have
enough time and other people weren't so interested as I did.
I am still interested in this translation but I have even less time
than before, so I won't be of much help. ;-(

As a starting point I proposed to start with tramslation of the www/
repository as that represents fewer work than the doc/ tree. The
process isn't really that hard, it only requires time. You just need
to become familiar with the sgml markup language and the build process
(which is sometimes somewhat tricky :-)).

If you have any specific questions, please drop me an email and we can
talk about it in more details.

> Thanks a lot.

You're welcome.

--