Handbook PF

ben wilber ben at desync.com
Tue Sep 18 21:09:50 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 10:39:50PM +0200, Daniel Gerzo wrote:

> Why would we, when a very great PF documentation is maintained by
> OpenBSD guys at http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/ ?

Because the PF FAQ reads more like an instruction manual than a FAQ.  I
don't think the casual user looking to set up basic firewall
functionality on their FreeBSD machine needs to be presented with CIDR
lessons.

This is also not in the spirit of the handbook as I understand it.
There is plenty of documentation of Apache, yet we have a section on how
to configure virtual hosts.

bw.