Non-English articles?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 17 20:53:38 UTC 2007

On 2007-09-17 15:36, Marc Fonvieille <blackend at freebsd.org> wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 03:54:52PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>>> This cannot be added to:
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/lang-setup.html
>>> ?
>>
>> It's kind of large-ish for a section, but I can try to convert it to a
>> patch for the Handbook :)
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of lang-setup.html until now :)
>
> Check if what you want to add is not already mentioned in
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/using-localization.html
> (I think that page lacks of a XkbLayout example).
>
> Most of locale things are in that chapter, so the language specific
> additions should be limited.

The tricky part is that someone coming from another 'world' (i.e. from
the Windows side of the world) doesn't know _anything_ about "locales".

The main idea behind collecting all the localization options in an
article was to be able to point the user to _one_ place, instead of 4-5
different Handbook chapters :-/