Translation to Swedish

Anders Andersson anand at dtek.chalmers.se
Wed Mar 28 15:56:09 UTC 2007

Hello everyone!

First I wish to apologize for the strange message yesterday but I joined the
mailing list now :D

Anyway, I would like to contribute to the documentation project by translation
to Swedish. I am from Sweden so the translation isn't that big problem.

I have a number of questions though. As far as I can see there are no
documents in Swedish for FreeBSD. This is rather funny since in the "FreeBSD
Documentation Project Primer for New Contributors" there are some examples on
naming of the translation and they are sv_SE.ISO8859-1 (Swedish with the
normal encoding). I wonder if it really is noone who translates to Swedish?
If there is someone I wonder if I can help. I don't mind working alone, but
it would be very nice if someone else was working too!

If it is the case I will be working alone I wonder if there is anything else
needed to know than what is stated in "FreeBSD Documentation Project Primer
for New Contributors"
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/index.html)?
Just making sure I haven't missed any important documentation. Also I wonder
if I should start getting Unicode support and use Unicode from the beginning
instead of ISO8859-1 (then I assume the name of the project is sv_SE.UTF-8)?

--
Anders Andersson
anand at dtek.chalmers.se