docs/110692: wi(4) man page doesn't say WPA is not supported

William Denton wtd at pobox.com
Fri Mar 23 02:30:02 UTC 2007

>Number:         110692
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       wi(4) man page doesn't say WPA is not supported
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD sherlock.miskatonic.org 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #3: Fri Mar 16 02:04:00 EDT 2007 buff at sherlock.miskatonic.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SHERLOCK  i386

I suggest adding a note to the wi(4) man page to make it clear that WPA is not supported.  This will save people time when they they try to debug why WPA doesn't work, or, even better, stop them from attempting it with a card that uses this device driver.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Add to CAVEATS:

"The wi device driver supports WEP but does not support the WPA encryption standard."