RFC: changes for the website

Daniel Gerzo danger at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 5 14:23:19 UTC 2007

Hello Gabor,

Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:35:23 AM, you wrote:

> Hello,

> please comment about these two proposed changes:

> Change 2: the PR query form has changed recently, and we have 3 links on
> support/bugreports.sgml, which point to the same place. Well, actually 2
> of them point to query-pr-summary.cgi and the third one points to
> query-pr.cgi, but we see the same form in the three cases. I think it
> would be cool to merge them into one entry on bugreports.html, but I'm
> not sure what's the difference between the two cgi scripts, what they do
> differently. Shaun is CC'd because he knows much about the cgi script

The forms are the same because of my changes -- In the past, the
query-pr.cgi script only showed the form where one could query only a
specific PR (the first form now). The -summary.cgi script used to
generate a full list of all open PR in the GNATS by default, which was
not considered as an ideal solusion, so this behavior was changed as
well to show the form. The main difference between these two scripts is
that -summary.cgi is used to search the GNATS for PRs matching
specific conditions, and query-pr.cgi is used only to query specific PR
from the GNATS.

Other than that, the diff looks fine to me.

--
Best regards,
 Daniel                            mailto:danger at FreeBSD.org