error in documentation at 20.6.4

John Bussjaeger john at begininc.com
Wed Jun 20 19:38:49 UTC 2007

20.6.4	raid10

My understanding of raid 1+0 (10) is that it made up of mirrors that
are striped and that raid 0+1 is stripes that are mirrored (in the
example given, it would be 2 stripes which are mirrored.)  Therefore
the documentation should read raid 0+1 instead of raid10.

If I am in error (which I doubt, but it is a matter of how you read
it) then a clarification should be given in the documentation to
avoid confusion.  It should also be noted that gvinum lacks the
ability to do a stripe of mirrors. (well, I can't seem to figure out
how to configure it; technically, I don't see why gvinum couldn't
handle it if it were possible to configure it.)