HOWTO setup a simple IPSEC tunnel

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Jun 12 14:46:51 UTC 2007

In message <20070612142932.GA995 at gothic.blackend.org>, Marc Fonvieille writes:

>Interesting.  One should look how this can be used with
>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ipsec.html
>(which I suspect to contain wrong/outdated infos).

I am not going to be a judge on the political correct way to
use IPSEC, but the stuff in the handbook at the very least needs
a significant update.

A general tendency in all examples of how to set up IPsec that
I found, seems to be that people don't actually understand how
it works, so the blindly copy examples and set options to
their default settings etc.