Correction to section 27.9.2.1 Using the Samba Web Administration Tool (SWAT)

Thomas Rasmussen thomas at gibfest.dk
Sat Jul 28 14:11:16 UTC 2007

Gentlemen,

A minor cosmetic thing, I believe there is a keyword missing from
section 27.9.2.1 Using the Samba Web Administration Tool (SWAT).

The inetd.conf line in the handbook is:
swat stream tcp nowait/400 root /usr/local/sbin/swat

and the line from the actual inetd.conf is:
swat   stream  tcp     nowait/400      root    /usr/local/sbin/swat    swat

When I took the line from the handbook and put in my inetd.conf it
didn't work because of
the missing 'swat' keyword. The swat manpage also confirms this:

 From SWAT(8):
       swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/local/samba/sbin/swat swat

So I guess it should be corrected in the handbook.

Thank you all for your work on this great piece of documentation.

Best regards

Thomas Rasmussen