Keyboard multiplexing?

Johann Kois jkois at freebsd.org
Wed Jul 18 14:58:19 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 16:53, Ernst de Haan wrote:
> on for me remains: "What _is_ keyboard multiplexing." I did
> some searches on Google and Wikipedia, but I found no clear
> definition, so IMHO an explanation would provide added value,
> answering the following questions:
> 1. what is it?
> 2. when is that useful?
> 3. can I remove it if I don't use the machine as a desktop?

Although I use the mentioned sources quite often your first
source of information should always be FreeBSD's own
documentation.  AFAIK every entry in the kernel config file
should have its own man page.  In your case:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=kbdmux&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+6.2-RELEASE

J. Kois
jkois at FreeBSD.org