(html man pages) .Cd and underscore play badly

Ben Kaduk minimarmot at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:10:10 UTC 2007

Hi -doc,

Through a long chain of events, I came to be looking at the snd_ess
man page online:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=snd_ess&sektion=4&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+6.2-RELEASE

note that
device snd_ess
and
device snd_sbc
are only highlighted for the ``snd_'' portion; the part after the
underscore is not marked-up as the configuration declaration.

Possibly unrelated:
In the few minutes I spent investigating (and not getting far), I
noticed that there are some broken links with underscores in the roff
man page as well:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=roff
for example, groff_out(5) is mentioned by that page, but the link is
only active on the text ``out(5)'', and tries to link to
man.cgi?query=out , which does not yield any result.

I don't have much time to look into this at the moment, but should I
file a PR anyways?

-Ben Kaduk