offline Handbook versions still outdated

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 8 19:54:09 UTC 2007

On 2007.02.08 04:53:50 -0800, finwepalantir at yahoo.com wrote:

> I downloaded the file book.html-split.tar.bz2 from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/
> and it says "Welcome to FreeBSD! This handbook covers the installation and day to day use
> of FreeBSD 5.5-RELEASE and FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE." but the online version on the FreeBSD
> site has been updated to cover the FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE.
>
> The timestamp for those two files in the directory in the central mirrors was 12/01/2006
> 06:34:00 AM. I can confirm that ftp://ftp.ca.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ and
> ftp://ftp.no.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ also shown the same timestamp.

In December the FTP master site died and some of the config was lost.
The config for synchronizing all the documentation broke then, but
nobody noticed so the docs haven't been updated since.

I just fixed it on the FTP master site so the updated docs should be
on the FTP mirror sites within 24 hours (depending on when the mirrors
sync).

Thanks for letting us know about the problem.

--
Simon L. Nielsen