Wireless Network / WPA / ipw

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Mon Feb 5 07:00:37 UTC 2007

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 11:12:53PM +0100, Wouter vanderPloeg wrote:
> regarding:
>
> http://www.freebsdmall.com/~loader/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/wireless/article.html
>
> 3.1.3.1 WPA-PSK
>
> there seems to be 2 problems with the WPA-PSK with the intel prowireless
> ipw2100
>
> 1) NO AUTOMATIC CONNECTION
> # /etc/rc.d/netif start
> does NOT come up with a key (it says the AP does not come with an offer)
>
> only
> # wpa_supplicant -i ipw0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
> produces the SECOND time an association
>
> So the connection has to be made by hand everytime.
>

> 2) NO CONNECTION WITH "NO BROADCAST"
> It seems NOT possible to get a connection when the AP if that is set on
> NO Broadcast.
>
> my system:
> FreeBSD 6.2, Aspire 2001WLCi, intel centrino, with an Intel ProWireless
> 2100, 802.11b
>
> output (after connecting) from
> # dmesg | grep ipw0
> ipw0: <Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2100 MiniPCI> mem 0xd0000000-0xd0000fff irq 9
> at device 2.0 on pci2
> ipw0: Ethernet address: xxxxxxxxxxxx
> ipw0: link state changed to UP
>
> it would be great if you could look at it
> Wouter van der PLoeg

Hello Wouter,

      Please be noticed that the URL you provided falls outside of the scope
      of the members of the doc-team. This article you mention does not exist
      on our documentation base (yet?) so if there is anything wrong we cannot
      change it.

      If the documentation is incorrect (I noticed someone mentioning that tis
      is an intel problem and not a documentation problem) please notify me
      (or doc@) and we can help you to try and fix the article (we need to
      contact loader at FreeBSDmall.com I think)

      Thanks!
      Remko
--
Kind regards,

     Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
     FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

     /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */