email address on http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bsdly.net
Mon Aug 13 06:30:45 UTC 2007

Daniel Gerzo <danger at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> Actually, there is almost nothing you can do about it. I would
> recommed you to install and properly configure spam filters and
> maybe to implement graylisting if you have problems with spam.

In my book, greylisting is not a maybe if you want a sane mail
environment.  Unfortunately there's a lot of uninformed comment
floating around, the fact is that the few wrinkles that need to be
worked around (large outgoing server farms, incompetently run mail
services) are easy to work around, and it ends up saving you time and
power.

- P
http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/