Working on a CUPS Update to Handbook

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 4 08:00:05 UTC 2007

Chess Griffin wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I would like to help contribute to the FreeBSD Documentation Project
> and have started by doing a major update to the Handbook section on
> CUPS.  I have also read all the information on the FDP page about how
> to submit docs, but thought I would check here about the details.
> Should I send a diff of the sgml as an attachment to this list, or
> submit a PR with the diff, or post the HTML version on my own site for
> review, or some other mechanism?  I hope to have this ready to submit
> in the next 2-3 days.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chess

Hello Chess,

First of all thank you for the willingness to help us out here!
We really appreciate those things!

We would love to review a patch {which we can instantly apply
or with a few modifications here and there}, so that we can
improve it for you, give you feedback, and as said apply it
to the documentation tree.

I think a PR for this would be fine, please add [patch] in
the synopsis so that we know a patch is incoming, be aware
though that the PR interface sometimes eats attachments so
either paste the diff in the webinterface, or rename the
diff to .txt so that it will get properly recognized as
a text file.

Thanks in advance for the work!

Cheers
remko

--
Kind regards,

     Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
     FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

     /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */