search engine for FreeBSD PRs..

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Mon Apr 23 18:44:17 UTC 2007

If you use FireFox and surf over to http://people.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/ you will
see that if you click on the search engines menu, you will be able to add a
new "FreeBSD PRs" search to your list of search engines.  This is done via an
OpenSearch xml file (people.freebsd.org/~jhb/FreeBSD_PRs.xml) and the
following in the <head> of my index.html:

  <head>
    <link rel="search" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml"
title="FreeBSD PRs" href="FreeBSD_PRs.xml">
  <head>

The way this search works is that you can type a PR number (or cat/number,
such as kern/12345) in the search box and it will pull up that PR.  Does
anyone else find this useful?  If so, I think it would be neat to add it to
either the front page (you can have multiple searches for a page, so we could
also add a generic FreeBSD.org search too if desired),
http://www.freebsd.org/support.html, or
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?query.

--
John Baldwin