RFC: putting our graphs onto the website

Marc Fonvieille blackend at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 23 18:33:33 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 12:44:21PM -0500, Brooks Davis wrote:

> Given that docproj includes TeX it's dependency list, complaining about
> the weight of graphviz seems silly.

The fact something is already heavy is not a reason to make it heavier.
It's like telling that since the water is polluted we can add more
pollution.

> There might be some value
> in creating a graphviz-lite slave port to remove the XPM and TK support,
> but otherwise it isn't all that bad.  Generating these graphs by
> hand would require a huge amount of work everything anything changed.
> Unless you plan to do it, suggesting it pointless.
[...]

I assume you have a very huge knowledge of the tools coming with the
docproj port.  My small day-to-day experience in these tools made me
have a different opinion and I'd be very happy if you could develop a
bit with some real examples.

--
Marc