|FreeBSD Handbook feedback

Richard Cooke rcooke at rcoa.ac.uk
Wed Apr 4 11:51:23 UTC 2007

I just wanted to mention that nowhere in the FreeBSD handbooks
documentation on CVSup did it mention that CVSup requires port 5999 to
be open. Can you look at adding this information in to the Handbook as
it seems very relevant to me and caused me a lot of frustration trying
to figure out why CVSup wasn't working.

Also the link to the CVSup home page
(http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/) doesn't seem to be a
valid link anymore.

Thanks otherwise for what is a really useful Handbook for those trying
out FreeBSD for the first time.

http://www.star.net.uk