Spanish Support Forums

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Mon Sep 18 16:14:55 UTC 2006

S. B. wrote:

> I'm interested in setting up a web forum for Spanish-speaking users of
> FreeBSD.  There appears to be very little support for Spanish speaking
> users
> right now-  I tried to browse the Spanish mailinglist (
> https://listas.es.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo ) but the server was down.
> Furthermore, many users prefer web forums over a mailinglist.  If I were to
> set up a Spanish FreeBSD forum, would this be viewed with acceptance or
> hostility by the community here?  I found several simple domain names
> relating to Spanish and FreeBSD, and I am able to host the forums on a
> fairly reliable server.  Anyone interested?  I'm asking here because I
> don't
> want to go to the trouble and expense of setting this up if it won't be
> used.  But if it would be used and mentioned officially as a FreeBSD
> support
> forum, I would be happy to do it.

While I support anyone who will setup a forum or other. I personally
don't agree that web foras are preferred: The benefit of mail is that it
pushes into your mailbox and you get all the messages in different foras
as they arrive, no need to login and check each forum individually.

Anyway, the worst thing would be fragmentation, please do an extra
effort trying to contact people on the spanish mailinglist to coordinate.

While www.es.freebsd.org is down, www.freebsd.es is UP! This is a
spanish mirror of the official freebsd.org, you can find contact details
in the whois

   https://www.nic.es

Cheers, Erik

--