Common utilities

Toby Burress kurin at delete.org
Sat Sep 2 18:50:24 UTC 2006

> Sure does look like an interesting idea.  Keeping up with changes
> in utilities might be a full time job though.  I'm guessing the
> manual pages do not explain things well enough?

Well it's not that manpages are hard to follow or out of date, as
that to know how to use find (for example), first you have to know
that the utility you want to use is find, and that find does something
like what you want to do.  This doesn't need to be an exhaustive
reference for every utility, I think, but it should touch on each
of the major features, and explain the flexibility of whatever tool
is at hand.

Toby