Want to help with handbook

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 31 13:59:55 UTC 2006

On 2006-10-24 10:54, Cristian KLEIN <cristi at net.utcluj.ro> wrote:
> Thanks. I was also interested whether these topics are of value
> to the handbook. Some of the above-mentioned things are close
> to "hacking".

That's ok.  Our Handbook also contains chapters about system disks,
partitioning, installation and other tasks which the every-day user does
not really have to deal with, which are moderately or even very advanced
(i.e. setting up fairly strict firewall rulesets).

> For example, I like to swap ipfw and ipnat in /etc/rc.d/*. Should this
> be mentioned in the handbook too?

Well written content and on topic content is *always* welcome :)

We also have an article about rc-scripting now, thanks to Yar
Tikhiy.

Maybe it's a good idea to expand that article about changing the
order of rc.d scripts, and referencing it from the Handbook?

Regards,
Giorgos