RFC: Release notes rearrangement

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Fri Nov 24 00:50:01 UTC 2006

If memory serves me right, Christian Brueffer wrote:

> Ok, I assume you have a prototype in the works.  When that's out, we can
> still decide whether or not this is an issue.  Let's see how it looks :-)

Well I didn't at the time but I threw something together (this took
about 30 minutes).  Sources, based on HEAD from today:

http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/relnotes2.tar.gz

(Untar this into src/release/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/ on a HEAD machine, so
that it's a sibling of the existing relnotes directory.)

PDF rendering:

http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/relnotes2.pdf

I might want to entity-ize the names of architectures and sort them into
some consistent order, but this is roughly what I'd expect it to look like.

Bruce.

PS.  If we do this for real, assume that I'll do a lot of file moving
via repo-copies to preserve the maximum amount of file history.