A PF touch-up of the FreeBSD Handbook firewalls chapter

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bsdly.net
Tue Nov 14 23:12:31 UTC 2006

My first stab at putting some further useful info about PF into the
FreeBSD Handbook's firewalls chapter is available in patch form
(result of diff -u) at

http://www.bsdly.net/~peter/freebsd/fw.diff

Apply with

'cd /usr/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls ; patch <fw.diff'

and build your favorite presentation format.

Some of you will see immediately where most of the material comes from
(an url is in the patch even).  I consider this to be not quite ready
for submission as a doc PR, and I'm very interested in feedback.  So
please let me hear what you think.  I'm all ears at this point.

Cheers,
20:11:56 delilah spamd[26905]: 146.151.48.74: disconnected after 36099 seconds