Freeing Vs Nulling in pam_conv sample.

Sam Baskinger sbaskinger at lumeta.com
Thu Nov 2 15:33:10 UTC 2006

Hey All,

I was reading the sample pam_conv as an example and suspect there might
be a tiny error at the end of the function converse(..) in the doc
"Sample PAM Conversation Function" at URL:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/pam/pam-sample-conv.html

At the label "fail" we clear the variable aresp (3 lines from the end),
then set *resp to NULL (2 lines from the end) and return a conversation
error. My concern is who will free our calloc'ed aresp memory?

Hope this helps (and I'm not overlooking something silly). :)

Sam

--
Lumeta Corporation
732.357.3545 (office)
sbaskinger at lumeta.com
www.lumeta.com

The world's most security conscious organizations rely on Lumeta to find
and prioritize what's in IT, so they can manage and secure IT better.

Lumeta Corporation
220 Davidson Ave, 4th Floor
Somerset, NJ 08873